Pages

Brooms Head 8-11 April 2010




I have travelled at least twice a year between Brisbane and Port Macquarie over the past 15 years and never called into Brooms Head, now that I have I wish I had done so earlier. What Great Spot !!! As my parents live in Port Macquarie, Brooms Head is a great "half way" point to meet for a weekend and I will be making this a regular trip in the future. The Caravan Park is on the beachfront with large sites in the northern section I didn't particularly like the southern section as the sites were alot smaller and there was a sewer smell in the area, The ammenities were old but clean although the hot water wasn't working so the showers were very brief. We were blessed with wonderful weather, the water temperature was a bit chilly at first but once we got in it was hard to get us out. The waves were perfect for the kids to catch in on their boogie boards and next time we will pack our surfboards. We did a day trip around to the Sandon River to check out the National Park camping area and were very impressed, we spent the day there on our Kayaks and fossicking amongst the rocks. There were a few other area's we would liked to have seen but didn't have enough time. We will definately visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment